Guest preacher David Atkins gives the message on this Youth Sunday – “Where is the Altar of God?“, taken from 1 John chapter 5, verse 21 and 2 Kings chapter 16, the story of King Ahaz.
Our choir begins the service with Sweet Beulah Land, Jesus is Coming Soon, Lord Lead Me On and I Thank My Savior For It All. The message begins at 15:35.
- 1 John 5:21
- Exodus 20
- 2 Kings 16:4
- Jonah 2:8
- Ezekiel 36
- God doesn’t want our attention to be diverted from Him.
- King Ahaz lived a life of contradiction. He worshiped idols and tried to worship God at the same time. (2 Kings 16)
- Has some other altar replaced the altar of God in your life?
- Ahaz suffered because of this mistake. We need to learn from Ahaz’s mistake.
- Where is the altar of God in our lives? Have we put it away in the closet, waiting until we think we need it?
- They that cling to idols forfeit the grace and mercy that could be theirs.
- Ezekiel 36 explains God’s offer for those who put away their idols.