We would love for you to join us in person, but if you can’t make it, you have another option. We broadcast most of our services live on Facebook. You can even watch videos from past services going back to December 2016.
Ways to watch live
The easiest way to know when we’re broadcasting is to follow our page:
https://www.facebook.com/notcheycreek. “Like” us and you’ll be notified when we’re live. Facebook is everywhere now so you can watch for free in places like these:
- on your phone (Android or Apple) via the Facebook app
- on your tablet (Android or Apple) via the Facebook app
- on your computer (any operating system like Windows/Mac/Linux/Chromebook) via the Facebook link above in any Internet browser
- in many cases on your television using the Facebook app
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- XBOX One
- Many more!
Although you don’t need a Facebook account to watch our videos on a computer, a free Facebook account may be required to view on some devices.
When there are broadcast problems
Every once in a while something goes wrong with the Facebook system, forcing us to use our backup. If we can’t broadcast to Facebook, we will attempt to broadcast through YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeu4uX37dvEBiOM7ccnHrrw. Subscribe to our channel there to be notified when we add new video or if we’re broadcasting live. You can also find our pre-2016 archived videos there.
Sometimes when we broadcast video on Facebook the video stops after a short time. Sometimes we have to reset our equipment after this so it may take a short time for us to restart the broadcast. This doesn’t happen very often but if you see us go offline during a live service, you can be sure we’re scrambling to get the service back online!
Another common reason for the broadcast to end abruptly is because of Facebook’s oversensitive copyright protection system. All music is monitored by their servers and anything they believe has a copyright is flagged, usually resulting in our live broadcast being cut off. We have multiple licenses that cover the playing and broadcasting of pre-recorded music but Facebook has no way for us to register our license with them. This is a common problem with church live video. We attempt to anticipate this by muting audio that includes pre-recorded music (despite having a legal right to play it) and will alert you about this using text at the bottom of your screen. The audio will return when the music ends. If the live video ends, we restart a new broadcast, so be sure to check our Facebook feed for the next one.
What if I don’t hear any audio?
This could be due to a couple of things. Here are some tips:
- Check to make sure your device audio is turned up. I know, this seems obvious but it gets us sometimes, too.
- Check to make sure the app volume isn’t muted. Even if your device audio is on, if the audio is muted in the video player, you won’t hear sound. Look for the icon of a speaker. If it has an X next to it, click that and increase the volume.
- If you’re using a browser on a computer, the browser tab you’re on may be muted. If you see an icon of a speaker with a line through it on the tab, you need to click that to un-mute the tab.
- If none of these work, we may be having audio issues. Post a comment letting us know. We check comments periodically and we appreciate your note! Sometime we can’t tell proactively from our end.
Where can I see past service videos?
From December 2016 until now, most of our service videos can be found on Facebook. Just click the Videos link and you’ll be able to watch any of them on demand. We also digitizing the rest of our collection. Most of these you’ll be able to find on our YouTube channel . Read more about it on our Archives page.