We would love for you to join us in person, but you have another option if you can’t make it. We broadcast most of our services live on the Internet. You can even watch videos from past services going back to December 2016.
Ways to watch live
As of July 24, 2022, we broadcast live directly on YouTube. “Subscribe” to our channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/NotcheyCreekBC) and click the bell to be notified when we’re live.
We also post about our live services on our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/notcheycreek. “Like” us there, and you’ll be notified when we’re live.
Facebook and YouTube are everywhere so you can watch for free in places like these:
- on your phone (Android or Apple) via an app
- on your tablet (Android or Apple) via an app
- on your computer (any operating system like Windows/Mac/Linux/Chromebook) via the links above in any Internet browser
- in many cases, on your television, using an app:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- XBOX One
- Many more!
When there are broadcast problems
We use YouTube because of problems we’ve had streaming on Facebook. If we experience trouble with YouTube, we may use another video service. If that happens, we will post about it on our Facebook page.
We have multiple licenses that cover the playing and broadcasting of pre-recorded music, but most video services have no way for us to register our license with them. This is a common problem with church live video.
What if I don’t hear any audio?
This could be due to a couple of things. Here are some tips:
- Sometimes we have to mute audio due to copyright concerns, and sometimes YouTube or Facebook does this automatically. When we do it, we try to put a note over the video indicating when the audio will come back on. We do have proper licensing for the broadcast of most pre-recorded audio, but some video services (like Facebook) are highly aggressive in attempting to fight abuse and currently give us no way to register our licenses.
- Check to make sure your device audio is turned up. I know this seems obvious, but it gets us sometimes, too.
- Check to make sure the app volume isn’t muted. Even if your device audio is on, if the audio is muted in the video player, you won’t hear sound. Look for the icon of a speaker. If it has an X next to it, click that and increase the volume.
- If you’re using a browser on a computer, the browser tab you’re on may be muted. If you see an icon of a speaker with a line through it on the tab, you need to click that to unmute the tab.
- If none of these work, we may be having audio issues. Post a comment letting us know. We check comments periodically, and we appreciate your note! Sometimes we can’t tell proactively from our end.
Where can I see past service videos?
From December 2016 until now, most of our service videos are on Facebook. Just click the Videos link to watch any of them on demand. We are also digitizing the rest of our collection. Most of these you’ll be able to find on our YouTube channel. Read more about it on our Archives page.