Date: Sunday 5/29/2016, Morning Service
Preacher: Mitch Ingram
Main Bible Verse(s): Luke 6:38
38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
I. Why give?
- Out of fear
- Out of love, without expecting any return.
- John 3:16
- Romans 8:32
If you’re not happy with what you’re getting, you should change what you’re giving.
- Freely – Matthew 10:8, Proverbs 11:25
- Regularly – 1 Corinthians 16:2
- With purpose but without a reason. The only purpose should be to glorify God. – 2 Corinthians 9:7
- Your life – salvation
- Time – for God, for family, our elders, our friends
- Ears – Listen more
- Prayer – shouldn’t be a last resort. Start here!
- Kindness – 2 Peter 1:7. Show someone you care.